Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Skinny

Said Tattoo that I want.
So lately, I have been getting back into my work out phase. I am one of those people who are skinny fat. You know, one of those people who is tiny (around a size 4, give or take a size depending on what brand I am wearing) but does not have a lot of muscle. It isn't like I am in bad shape. I mean I can hop up and run a 5k without stopping. Still, I look in the mirror and just know I want to and can look better. To give me a jolt of motivation, I was asked to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding and also there is a small matter of wanting to get a huge tattoo across my torso.

Said body that I want. 
In the past, I have always tried to maintain a certain weight. If I come close to 120lbs, I start freaking out. I am very petite, 5'3" with a very small frame. But no matter how low I keep my weight, I have never been able to achieve that flat stomach. This time around, I am not going to focus on weight, so much as measurements and a certain desired body type. I ended up looking at tons of female celebrities in bikinis... I admit I felt a bit like a perv, But I ended up deciding that  I want Mila Kunis' body. She is the same height, age and body type as me. Also, her body is soft and feminine, without being overly muscular or twig skinny. She looks healthy and happy.

Now, comes the work part. How exactly does one get a body like that? I typically turn to running for a work out, but the cold weather and rain and snow tends to limit when I actually can get out and run. So, I decided to turn to zumba... which is a Latin dance exercise routine craze. Of course, I I am supplementing that with some calisthenics and strength training, maybe some yoga too. I think the zumba might work for me, given that it is surprisingly challenging. After the first hour of zumba, I could already feel my abs, thighs and arms screaming in protest. But not only that, I am the whitest white girl ever and have absolutely no rhythm and so far, my hips absolutely refuse to move like that. While most people would be absolutely defeated and say this is not for me, I actually thrive on not being able to do something right. I guess it is because of my love of learning, and also when ever I have a little bit of success, I want more and end up trying harder.

2 comments:

  1. You should try pilates to - it's core strengthening and gives great tone without that muscle -bound look. It makes long lean muscle and helps you keep a feminin look.
    Nice to meet you
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look into it. You know, I hear the term pilates all the time, but have no clue as to what it exactly entails. Thanks for the advice. That is the exact kind of results I am looking for.
    April May

    ReplyDelete